Tail pipe hanger

My tail-pipe hanger on a 2000 SE rusted off. The thing bangs like crazy when I go over bumps. I am told that the original was welded on to the pipe and that the entire pipe might have to be replaced for big bucks.

Could I get by with a standard or universal clamp or clamps. What would be posiible downsides of proceeding this way? Also does anyone know what the pipe diameter is.

The original hanger is the one located a bit behind the muffler.

Thanks

Harold

Reply to
Harold Lemel

I'm curious... was it a Nissan dealer shop that told you that the entire exhaust pipe might have to be replaced?

willie

Reply to
george040

Less of an issue than I feared. Took the car to a muffler shop and they simply re-welded the hanger to the tail pipe --- 20 minutes and $47. That was a relief.

And... yes it was a Nissan service shop which raised the possibility of having to replace the whole tail pipe assembly.

Reply to
Harold Lemel