Maxima 91 selling price (Advice Needed)

I want to sell mine but I don't know what is the reason offer to sell it

130000 miles white, 91, fully loaded automatic

I am trying to sell it for 1800... is it a reasonable offer? Or, I should sell it way below 1800 dollars?

Advice please? tia

Reply to
nc24

Depends on the cars condition. I just tried to sell a red VE5 with 156k for 1800, ends up I'm getting 1k OTOH I've seen perfect cars go for way more than KBB because of condition and records just my .02

Reply to
Brian
130,000 miles is descent, not great, but not at a "danger, everythings about to fall off" level either. It being white helps. White cars, no matter the age, "appear" newish or stylish looking, if well kept. Anyways, depends like the other guy said, how the body looks, how the engine runs, all the gadgets inside work properly, carpet condition, etc.. That year car has window switch and regulator nightmares, the passanger rear tail lights always seem to be out., and nic nacs like that. $1,800 may be a "tad" high or maybe it's not?. But you know? If your not in a desperate hurry, you can stay with the 1,800 and see if anyone bites, or offers a tad lower, then consider. 91 max's are still good cars, and if yours is in good shape stay firm at no lower then $1,500 if you get slow responce for asking 1800.
Reply to
FEAR THE SWAMP

Regarding the tailights going out on the 3rd gens: both my 90 & 94 had the lights going out all the time. Turns out the bulb contacts were getting fouled and needed to be cleaned and roughed up to maintain a good connection. The 3rd gens DO have a headlight switch issue tho. My 90 sometimes won't turn on both high beams until I flip the switch a few times. I thought it was burning out bulbs until I discovered a temperamental stalk switch. If you flip it a bunch, eventually it self-cleans and seems to work correctly for awhile.

Both of my 3rd gens are white and they look excellent considering they're 15 and 11 years old. The neighbors call them the Twinkies. White definitely holds up better than the other colors. There are tons of white 3rd gens running around here in north Dallas/Plano area and all look great considering the brutal sun we have here in the summer.

Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
Chris H

Re: Maxima 91 selling price (Advice Needed)

Indeed Chris. Almost every early 90's Max you see on the street, watch them apply their brakes and sure enough, almost every time, you'll see the passanger side brake bulb out, or sometimes the driver's, and sometimes even the rear window brake ligthts don't work. In regards to headlights, thats good advice, I never new about wiggling the switch a bunch. My 90 has a bad problem with the driver's front side head light not coming on, I have to pop the hood, get out the car, and wiggle the wire, I hate that. And in closing, yes, white holds longer, they look a part of the "modern" world. My 90 is Red, but I'm seriously considering going with a "whiteish-blue" when I get it ready body wise for a new paint job. It looks cool red, but I dunno, want a change I guess.

Group: alt.autos.nissan.maxima Date: Tue, Feb 15, 2005, 10:22pm From: snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Chris=A0H) Regarding the tailights going out on the 3rd gens: both my 90 & 94 had the lights going out all the time. Turns out the bulb contacts were getting fouled and needed to be cleaned and roughed up to maintain a good connection. The 3rd gens DO have a headlight switch issue tho. My 90 sometimes won't turn on both high beams until I flip the switch a few times. I thought it was burning out bulbs until I discovered a temperamental stalk switch. If you flip it a bunch, eventually it self-cleans and seems to work correctly for awhile. Both of my 3rd gens are white and they look excellent considering they're 15 and 11 years old. The neighbors call them the Twinkies. White definitely holds up better than the other colors. There are tons of white 3rd gens running around here in north Dallas/Plano area and all look great considering the brutal sun we have here in the summer. Chris

90 & 94 GXE's
Reply to
FEAR THE SWAMP