My 1987 Maxima can beat up your Maxima

I LOVE my 1987 Maxima. Has 207,000 miles and still running strong. Passes smog,; doesn't burn oil; no problems.

I'd like to hear from any other Maxima owners in the 1985, 86, 87, 88 or whatever range with stories of their high mileage cars. I LOVE MY MAXIMA and I'd love to hear from others who do too.

Thanks and happy holidays

Reply to
Dad

I currently own a 1987 Maxima SE, with 185,200 miles and it is also still running strong. Same as yours doesn't burn oil but have a few leaks. Great car.

Reply to
V Harden

I recently bought an '87 Maxima with 91k miles that has had great maintainence by the one and only prior owner. It has had a metalic rattle noise for the past

15-20k miles in the area of the transmission/engine only on deceleration with the car in gear. I don't think it is the engine, since with car in park or neutral the engine is very smooth with no wierd noises. Both CV joints were replaced recently by the original owner and those are good. I think the noise is from the automatic transmisson. The AT works fine and the fluid is clean. Has anyone had similar problems?
Reply to
D Moore

Dude I have 87 maxima and a milegae of 217,000, this car is really a kick ass car....i have just replaced my fuel injectors and its just like new.

Reply to
attu_ark