Need brake advise for 2000

My 2000 Max (gxe, I think) has a problem I have experienced with two other Maxs, a 95 and 99. What happens is that a wheel gets really hot--sometimes smells like something is burning. Local mechanic finds brake calipers (I am not mechanical, I think this is the term) hung up and out of line so that they are scoring the brake rotor. Sometimes he can release them and it will run ok for a few months, then gets bad and I have to take to dealer. Dealer replaces rotor and calipers--the whole shebang.

This is first time for the 2000 which has 70k. I intended to take it on a long trip tomorrow but now I think I should not. This brake issue sure has been a recurring problem for me! We drive a lot and run up the miles on these cars and this seems to happen about every 60 to 70k You thoughts? Is this a common problem for Maxs? Thank you!

Reply to
Cbofo

I have the callipers serviced once a year on my 95. The mechanic cleans and lubricates the mechanism.

My neighbour, a more car orientated person than I, does his Honda's and Chrysler twice a year.

Why not do it every 4 oil changes?

What kind of roads do you frequent, dirt roads may mandate more frequent service.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Great idea. And your hunch was right. I live in country and travel dusty roads. Thanks for the good advice!

Reply to
Cbofo