Need help with removing instrument panel bezel

I have an annoying squeak that definitely originates from the black bezel that surrounds my instrument panel (speedometer, etc) This bezel is held in place by 2 screws at the top, but it is very loose at the bottom, around where the steering column meets the instrument panel, and this looseness causes squeaking when I hit certain bumps in the road.

I have tried to remove the bezel to inspect for any missing hardware that attaches it to the dash, but when I remove the 2 visible screws I still can't manage to remove the bezel. I don't know if there is a hidden screw or something, or if the steering column is in the way but I am afraid I might break it (plastic!) if I pry too hard. To make matters worse as I was trying to remove it, I heard 2 'ping' sounds like some hidden clips had popped out. I was half-expecting to find clips out of place had I managed to remove the bezel, thinking this might be what should be holding the bottom in place...

Has anyone removed the bezel, and if so how? And what fastens the bottom to the dash?

Reply to
David N

I figured it out. There are clips at the bottom of the bezel that must be popped out before the bezel can be removed. Be careful as I ended up breaking my original bezel and had to buy one from a salvage yard. The Nissan dealer wanted 130 bucks for a new one, but I got a perfectly good one from a salvage yard for 25.00

Reply to
DN