2004 Maxima

Has anyone here tried the 2004 Maxima? How does it compare to others in its class?

Thanks Ralph

Reply to
Ralph

Dan

We have an 04 SE AT, bought it last may. In general I would second Dan's comments (see below) we love it, the only complaint is the large turning radius. The ride is slightly stiffer than our 92 SE 5sp but the handling is better. BTW no trace of the dreaded vibration (could that be an SL thing?) Don

Reply to
Don

Dan,

I just purchased an '04 SL. Like you, I came from a Lexus GS300 (2001). I've noticed the vibration only on certain stretches of roads. When it happens, the whole steering wheel (and column) has a visible vibration. Once the pavement changes, the car goes back to being perfect. Strange. I too have the Continental tires.

One question for you... Do you have an issue with your blower motor (on the climate control)?? Mine makes a high-pitched whistle-like noise at any speed over 3. (Like a "wind noise" - gets louder as you increase blower speed.) It is enough to give you a headache. I've looked for any closed vents, but haven't been successful. Any thoughts?

-D

Reply to
the_doctor

Not an SL thing. I just bought a 04 SL and am real particular about steering vibration. I have none. Love the car btw! Mine is smoke in color with black leather interior. Only prob i have now is fighting with my wife on who gets to drive it!

Steve

Reply to
SLB