New 2004 Maxima owner coming from VW

Hey all,

Just had a pretty bad 3 years with my Volkswagen Jetta, tranny replacement, exhaust system malfunctions, engine temp sensors, window regulators, brake-lock switches, moldy airconditioning smells, creaks, and cracks....BUT...fun to drive. However, the payments to fix the damn thing, as well as the VW dealer being my 2nd home, I sold, and leased an 04 Maxima SE w/ Journey package.

What a friggin awesome car. I can't say much more than that. It's so quiet when it should be, and it produces such a nice exhaust sound when you want it to. Better quality than my Jetta, but you can really compare a $24,000 car with a $35,000 one.

Only 2 minor complaints about the Maxima:

1) Cupholders suck compared to the VW 2) Cigarette outletts not in good places in order to charge cell phone, radar detector, etc.

I guess I shouldn't complain, however. :)

Awesome car.

FWIW, has anyone hooked up their radar detector (I have a Valentine One) directly to their ignition? I had that in my Jetta where when I turned the car on, the detector went on, and when the car was off, the detector was off. The outlets in the VW were always on, so it's a bitch to keep removing it --- I don't know if that's how the Max is, as I'm currently breaking in the new baby, and really no need for the detector just yet. ;)

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff
95gxe, the 12VDC supply (aka cigarette lighter) is switched on and off with the ignition.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

YOU PAID $24,000 FOR A VW?????

Damn! I've got some land in Nevada to sell you if you'd like. Trust me, it'll turn into beach property in no time at all.

Reply to
419-Buster

That's what the higher end models of their Jetta's, Passats, etc go for. Hell, check out the new Phaeton. :)

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

This is also a NY market were talking here, not Nevada. ;) Biiiig difference.

Long Island here is the land of $100,000 normal homes going for $575,000 here.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Er, that was joke about the nevada land. Maybe I should've sold you the brooklyn bridge? :)

I know about housing prices. My POS 1800 sq ft house on a measly 11,000 sq ft lot recently appraised for 545,000 when we refi'd about six months ago. I'd say it isn't worth much more than 125,000.

Reply to
419-Buster