Nissan 240SX does not start - Is it the starter ?

This morning, my 93' Nissan 240SX does not want to start. This is the 1st time this is happening. I had one other owner give me a Jump Start,
thinking it may be a dead battery - but did not help,
Any idea what may be the problem ?
Can the problem may be with the starter ? Is this very expensive to fix ?
if the jump start gave it enough juice to start on the key, then is is almost certainly the battery. Left the lights on? Has it been a bit lazy on turn over?
If this is sudden, you may have an electrical fault which is draining the battery - a faulty diode in the alternator maybe?
Charge the battery well (over night) and see if it holds charge (with a meter) if it drops slowly, it sounds like the battery is life-expired - they are typically only good for 5-8 years max (don't care how long all you lot HAVE had a battery last before you start posting that your uncle's model T is still on the original or whatever).
If the charge on the battery drops very quickly - you might have a fault on the car itself - this is not common - my money is on a new battery.

A little more info would help:
Does the starter turn?
Do the lights dim when you turn the key?
Does anything light when in ACC or START position?