Re: Best Tires for 2002 Maxima GLE

I've got Bridgestone Portenza RE950's and love them...

I have 2002 GLE, some 23k miles in NW PA where we're just coming out of a > mean winter. In still have the original Bridgestone EL42s that came with it. > I hate them. I am torn between Micheline MXV4 and Goodyears.
Reply to
Anonymous Usenet Person #1

The RE950's are great tires in dry and wet conditions (way better the MXV4's I had) and seem to wear very well, but their snow performance leaves something to be desired. I've driven in 6" of snow with but only because I had to.

Reply to
Dan

I have the Bridgestone Portenza RE950 on my 01 max, and they are great in everything but snow. thinking of getting 4 rims and changing over to snow tires for the winter. is there any good all season tires that are acceptable in wet, dry and snow conditions. I know I'm being greedy but changing to snow tires is a pain in the ass.

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

I bought a set of OEM GXE 16" take-offs on eBay a couple of winters ago for $300 and installed a set of Blizzaks. Put the separately mounted set on before snow season....swap 'em again in the spring. Simple deal.

2002 SE 6M
Reply to
curtlundgren