Re: Just bought a 2001 Maxima SE! question

I have a 2001 SE as well and have the service engine soon light on. I've had to take in into the dealership to flash the PCU, which is a TSB for that year Maxima. There are many 5 generation's that have the PO420 error code that pops up around 40K. I've read where they are anything from O2 sensors to ignition coils to catalytic convertors. The turning radius bites on these cars too. Lastly the leather seats are already have slight tearing on the front seats.

hi all, I just found myself a 2001 Max SE 5 Speed w/ leather, moon roof, 17" > rims and bose CD. with 8,000 miles (car in Showroom condition) for 16,900. I > drove the car and loved it, bought it right then. Just wondering any known > problems I should look for with this perticular year max? the man said he's > used moble one and had recepts for it, should I just continue with that on a > 3,000 mile basis (I'd say about 75% highway 25% city) any other info would eb > greatly appreciated, thanks > -Slick Nick
Reply to
unix-freak

Nick: Save your money. Ordinary 10-30 oil wih ta brand name each 4000-5000, drive somewhat sensible and the car may outlast you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob G.