Re: maxima oil filter different than normal filter ? Or not ?

It's made of thicker metal and it has a valve to hold oil for starting

>up cold. there are other heavy duty filters but I have stayed with the >Nissan filter :-) I just changed oil in both Maxima 98se and my 03 Kia >Sorento I used Nissan and Kia filters. >ronm >

I thought all filters had anti-drainback valves if the application requires it?

BuddyWh

Reply to
BuddyWh

I thought so too...but filter quality rules still apply. I got significant clatter with FRAM filters, before I learned the buzz about FRAM.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Yeah, it tells me they have a marketing strategy to make a cheap product and sell it en masse.

Ever wonder why you find Fram at every discount store ? They make them as cheaply as they can and sell them cheaply to the discount store. Then the discount stores can sell them cheaply or use them as loss leaders. Why do you think they are on sale every other week ?

Read more, then buy something made by Wix (Wix, Napa, CarQuest), or Nissan, etc:

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob