rear sway bar and FSTB

The flex I'm talking about would probably amount to 0.5 degrees at most. Yes, the stuts are strong, but in a corner, the inside wheel is experiencing massively different G forces than the outside wheel, especially on a front heavy car like the Maxima, and this little flex makes cornering a little bit less confident.

You know, perhpaps I was more sensitive to it because I had 17" rims, which are heavier, and the increased weight would cause the flex to be more pronounced, but I did noctice its effect. The only change was the FSTB before and after, the 17s were on my car for a while.

I can loosely compare this experience to walking on a bridge. I walked across the George Washington bridge. If all you do is drive over that bridge you'd think it's solid as a rock. It is solid, no doubt. But when I walked across it one day, you would not beleive all the flex that's going on. I could just about feel every moment an 18 wheeler got onto the bridge. Flex was everywhere.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

I can compare it to a 67 GTO... which is exactly what my '01 Maxima without a FSTB reminded me of after the Accura Integra I had before it.

A FSTB is a major, simple and cheap improvement for Maximas... anybody who is capable of appreciating tight, responsive handling will agree. But it's not worth arguing over bacause there are still plenty of people who will argue with you that a '67 GTO handled great.

Reply to
BuddyWh

And I'm sure you also believe those split fires gave you another 15HP..

Reply to
Steve T