Sway bars

Hello! I'm about to upgrade my suspension before AutoX season. No shocks/springs yet, but bracing and sway bar(s).

For rear I've chosen Racing Beat four points brace. For front - R-speed strut brace and either Brain Storm front brace or sway bar brace kit from RBeat.

BUT - There's a problem with sway bars.

RBeat claims that 2001+ (which I have) Does need ONLY front "thickest" sway bar - NO rear one!

Racing , Brain Storm and others don't recognize such a pattern.Well, then - what should I do?My car is a daily hard/fast driver, 10-15 AutoX events per season and I'dlove to achieve neutral cornering(controlled by throttle). And need get ridof rigidity and shake.What would You suggest? Best regards, Kempi '01 silverfish,IL Lanny's alignment

Reply to
Kempi

ANTI-sway bars, I ment.

Reply to
Kempi

This might be of some help:

mcyben

Those are their opinions. You're entitled to an opinion, too. I suggest joining a club and driving other members' cars with various setups to help you decide. I've never driven an NB with aftermarket sways, but the NA needs a matched set to retain balanced handling.

Perhaps RB is considering stock-class autocross, where it's only legal to change the front bar. That can be made to work, more or less, by increasing negative camber in the front to counter the resulting understeer. Front-bar-only may also be appropriate if the car has an open differential.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers