Replace ignition switch?

Well, I'm noticing that the ignition has to be turned pretty much against the stop to get cranking now. '96 I30t.

Can the switch be replaced separately (like Honda), or does this part include the lock cylinder too? I saw a photo once that suggested the latter, which would require a different key than the door locks use. (And my alarm hasn't functioned for 5 years, so yes it's a big deal to me.)

JM

Reply to
jmattis

I've replaced the locks on a 93 sentra and 95 200sx. I got a kit for under $200 which included all locks (door, trunk, etc.). Lot of work to change them all (and drill out the steering column lock/screws). The switch attaches to the back of the lock assemble with one phillips screw, so if that had been my problem it would have been easy (if you can get just the switch from parts).

Gary K

Of course I've never done this on a Max/I30...

Reply to
gary