Code 1706

!998 Maxima SE

What does code 1706 mean when my Service Engine Soon indicator comes on?

Reply to
gpope
5spd or Automatic?

It's a problem with either the Neutral switch if you have a 5spd or the Park inhibitor switch if you have an automatic.

It could be a problem with either the electrical harness to the switch, or the switch itself.

(In the case of an auto, it could also be a blown 10A fuse).

In either case, the switch is located on top of the transmission housing.

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 123k
Reply to
njmodi

Thanks!!

It is a standard. It has not reoccurred but if it does, I'll know what to look for.

thanks aga>5spd or Automatic?

Reply to
gpope