ripped leather seat in 01 max! help!

hi, the other day I was getting something out of the passenger seat of my car and noticed 5 or 6 small rips in my leather on the side of the seat facing the passenger door. having the car for only 2 months with 12k on it, I was pretty pissed off. I was letting someone drive the day before and sat in the passenger seat and the rips were not there, I ended up tracking down the person who did it (a girl with a spikey belt..) but she wouldn't admit to doing it..... so I'm stuck with fixing it. I was wondering what your thought on fixing it would be. is this something nissan can do? should I bring it to an auto reupholster or something? any idea how much $$$ we are talking? I also saw somethign on TV a few months ago called "liquid leather" which "supposivly" repairs rips in leather so you can't tell (I'm pretty skeptical of anything I see on TV) so I was wondering if anyone has used this stuff before? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

First try the dealer. If it is not obviously cut, they might be agreeable to fixing it under the 3 year/ 36K mile warranty. If that won't fly, ask them for a referral to the upholsterer they use. The used car lot especially deals with seat repairs all the time. They will usually know of several trusted shops.

Do not try the liquid stuff. It will mess it up big time.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Look up someone in your area who does auto interior repairs. We have a guy who comes out to our dealership and fixes stuff like that all the time. It looks great and it doesnt cost an arm and leg.

Reply to
Joshua Johnson

thanks a lot for the info, I'll let ya know how it turns out

-Slick Nick

Reply to
habibe99

BTW, I believe that part of the seat is vinyl, not leather. Only the actual seating surfaces are leather.

Reply to
Dan