Running a Wire Through Firewall

What's the easiest and best way to run a wire from the engine compartment to the interior? I have a 2001 Maxima SE. If anyone has pictures, I'd be most appreciative. You can email me at reader at midsouth dot rr dot com.

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
News Reader

On my 4th gen, I ran it into the wheelwell and through an existing rubber grommet that I think I remember is for the hood release cable

Reply to
Monte

Yeah, it isn't an easy job, but not toooo hard either. Mostly requires some patience. Let's say that it's enough of a pain that I still haven't installed the remote radar unit I had in the 2000 SE into my current 2002 GLE (and I've had it almost 2 years)

I ran a wire in my 2000 SE thru the firewall. Looked everywhere, but the only place I could find was behind the driver side front wheel. It is normally inaccessible, but if you partially remove the big black plastic wheelwell liner (from outside the car, you'll have to remove some screws) you can then bend it enough so that your hand can feel the rubber grommet.

Whatever you feed through will appear somewhere high above and left of the driver's left foot. My grommet had nothing going through it, so I poked a hole then put some sealer on it later. I recall the grommet hole to be at least an inch in diameter, so there's room for some wires, etc.

Sorry, no pictures, but you can imagine it to be pretty much directly behind the front left tire, at about half the height of the tire. I don't think you can see it from inside the engine compartment.

Good Luck! Pat

Reply to
Pat