Starting Problem in 1995 Nissan Maxima

Hi My car is giving Starting Problem suddenly since last 10 days. This problem is not coming always while starting the car. Mechanics are saying that there is no problem.Battary, Alternator etc are fine.I think is it due to cold ?

Do u have any ideas ?

Thanks Prashant sinha

Reply to
prashant.sinha.lko

Describe your starting problem.

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

My car was running good 10 days back.,,,,, suddenly it is giving problem while starting when i put the key inside its trying to start but after making noise (it seems that it tries to start but unable to start) then i tried 2 days regularly in the moring but always fail to start......... but today morning i tried it started so i gave my car to mechanic to check it but he is saying that he checks every thing and every thing is fine

same thing happened 5 days back and i showed to the other mechanic he also told that everything is fine

so i unable to understand what is the exact problem

Reply to
prashant.sinha.lko

So, let me help to clarify this for you.

You put the key in the ignition. After turning the key to accessories, the typical console lights come on properly and then go out. You then engage the starter motor and the engine turns over.

As the engine is turning over, do you hear any abnormal sounds/noises?

As the engine is turning over, does it sound like it wants to start, or is it just turning over?

Is there any backfiring?

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

thanks for responding, Second Mechanic told me he checked the starting circuit, and it is fine,

as per ur query, engine wants to start, but does not start

i am still surprised where is the problem in the car

Reply to
prashant.sinha.lko

I don't know where to look on this issue, but,

If you say it wants to start, that implies that you believe it to be firing on one or more cylinders. I think it would probably run on 4 cylinders, if it did start.

My immediate guess is a computer problem, but, not a high probability. I have a 95, and I think I'd be looking at loose/corroded connectors to the computer, relays under the hood and of course, you have done the simple thing like checking all the fuses?

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

I had a similar problem on a 96...the injectors were not getting enough pressure due to a partially clogged fuel filter. To test this theory, press gas pedal to the floor and release as soon as it starts turning over...should start.

Reply to
JW

Thanks JW Is the Fuel filter and oil filter are same , which mechanics changes while oil changes ? and in ur car after changing the fuel filter starting problem resolved ?

Reply to
prashant.sinha.lko

filterstartingproblemresolved ?

Hi, Yes i test this thing when ever my car gets problem while starting i press gas paddel, it starts , so can i go for change the Fuel Filter?

Reply to
prashant.sinha.lko