Towing my 2000 Maxi Auto

I'm hoping to be able to towbar pull my Maxi behind my truck. Can I do it and what do I have to do to my Maxima? My Nissan dealer doesn't seem to be interested in helping me out. HELP!! Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken

you can tow it , as long as you have the front wheels off the ground

Reply to
NissTech

It would be better to rent a tow dolly with the front (drive) wheels on the dolly. I don't know about Nissan automatics specifically, but modern automatic transmissions (last 30-40 yrs) do not like to be towed very long distances or speed without the motor running to lubricate them.

In other words, if it cannot be push started, it should not be towed with drive wheels on the ground.

Reply to
David Efflandt