What is involved in cleaning the EGR ports?

I got an error code 0302(EGR System Hi/Low Flow) on my 95 Maxima. Some one said that we need to clean the EGR ports. Where are the EGR ports located and how long does it take to clean the EGR ports?

Thanks a lot. JP

Reply to
Jianping Yang

The port that is clogged is in the area where the EGR pipe goes onto the intake. You'll need to pull both the upper intake and the EGR pipe that conects to it off the really clean them out good. How long depends on how good you are at removing them... Might take a few hours or a few days depending on your skill level.

Reply to
Steve T