Latest threads in Nissan Maxima Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

95 maxima and sound system
I was considering replacing the sound system or at very least, the speakers. Will this cause a problem? My speakers seem not at best when stereo is cranked!
3
3

1996 Maxima OEM Alarm goes off for no reason. Please help. Anti-Theft problem.
My 1996 Nissan Maxima security system seems to go off for no reason. All of a sudden the headlights flash, the horn blows in short bursts. I have spent some $$$ on getting this car fixed up nice,...
15
15

1996 V6 Knock Sensor Error Code
Anyone have an idea what's involved in changing one on this car? Also, could cheap gas cause this to set an error code because the ECM couldn't compensate enough (pinging, etc.)? Thanks
2
2

17'' Wheels on 96 Maxima that had 15'' wheels. Tire size? other issues?
I just bought some 17'' OEM Maxima wheels to put on my 1996 Maxima. My 1996 Maxima currently has the original 15'' OEM wheels with 206 65 R15 tires. This results in inexact measurement of about 24.5...
4
4

Transmission noise after left drive axle CV boot replacement
I replaced the left-side outer CV boot the same way I have seen it done to my right-side outer CV boot. That is: on the car, by removing the knuckle and hitting the back of the outer joint to separate...
5
5

2000 Maxima and Chip in Key
Anyone know how close the transponder chip in the ignition key for a 2000 Maxima has to be to the steering column? If I keep the original key in the glove compartment and use a key without the chip in...

P0420 and NTB00-070a?
I have a 2001 Maxima with about 95,000 miles on it. A few months ago the check engine light started turning on for about a day or so at random intervals. Every time the code was P0420, and after doing...
3
3

New key for 2000 Maxima
The black plastic loop on my Maxima key broke and to make up a new key with a new transponder chip runs about $85. If I had a cheap metal key made up to keep on my key ring, how close to the steering...
3
3

My 95 Se hit 230k today!! :)
Still going strong... Have not done an oil change since it had 160k because it leaks badlly and I keep adding oil... what a car!
12
12

plugs
1999 nissan max w/3000 v6, where are spark plugs located
1
1

'95 washer pump
95 w/s washer pump is not working. Switch cycles the wipers, tank is full, nozzles are clear. How to access the pump for testing or replacement? Behind front wheel well? Please post some instructions....
5
5

For sale 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE 151 kmiles $3,399
151,472 miles Black sedan w black interior 6 Cylinders Automatic, 4 door, FWD A/C: Front, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Remote Keyless Entry, Leather Interior, Power Seats, Airbag:...

1996 GXE Wired for the stock CD Changer?
I have a Bose head unit and there are controlls in this unit for the stock CD changer. This car seems to have been wired for some options that it did not end up being outfitted from the factory with,...

2000 maxima 3.0 V6 cylinder layout?
My 2000 Maxima has a miss in cylinder #4 according to my OBDII reading. This happens when it is raining, or in today's case, snowing with wet roads. This car has no distributer, so I can't follow the...
3
3

1996 Maxima RH Front Power Window & Lock problem. Remote Problem.
I had my beloved Maxima painted. It was finished about a week ago. When I first got it back I checked everything and all seemed okay. Now, the passenger side front power door lock is not working and...
2
2