106 XN 1998 Clock & Radio Problem

Bought this car today....I think the problems are connected, as everytime the ignition is switched off and ignition key removed, the clock stops and everytime I restart the car, the radio wants code entering everytime - seems as though the battery gets disconnected, but it still starts first time no problem.

Car is in good order, only 30K, but it doesn't have a keypad or immob, but there is an LED of some sort by the gearstick, but no alarm-type thing with the keys (sorry if I'm being vague).

Any suggestions welcome to use as ammunition against the car dealer who sold it to me...!

Rob

Reply to
Rob

everytime

everytime - seems

immob, but

Rob

Most radios have two fused feeds and it sounds like the memory feed to yours is not present for some reason. According to my Hynes manual fuse F8 (20A) supplies the radio memory, clock and various other things like central locking etc. Fuse F8 should be the second fuse from the left on the top row of fuses in the passenger compartment fuse box (behind the glovebox). If the dealer has fitted a non original radio into the car, they may not have wired the memory feed correctly to the loom.

Hope that it's just the fuse!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Lurker