Rear Whinning

Mmm, now I'm a little worried. I have a 1997 3.0 V6 406 Estate which has just clocked up 70k. I have started to notice a whinning noise from the "rear end". It seems to have got progressively worse over the last couple of months. It can't be anything outwardly noticeable seeing as it's just got through MOT with no comments about it.. It may be just coincidental but a slight vibration has started at approx 60 mph and wonder if it is connected or maybe me now being paranoid. My only thought was wheel bearings!!! Any thoughts or anyone out there experienced something similar before I strip things off it!!!!

Mark

Reply to
Mark S via CarKB.com

sounds like a wheel bearing to me too jack the rear end up and spin the wheels you should be able to feel the roughness by holding the rear shocker or spring

Reply to
mindwipe

Reply to
Mark S via CarKB.com