106XTD vaccum pump

Hello,

According to my dealer, the vaccum pump used for assisting brakes is gone. The result is very very heavy brake pedal. He replaced it and the new pump lasted it about a month before it broken down again. I went to a couple of garages and none of them could fix it. Any ideas what could be causing it and what/where is the best way to get it fixed?

TIA

Guy

Reply to
Guangyue Liu

Hello,

That's a good diagnostic, IMO.

Well, I don't know how the pump is lubricated... It could be a point to check. This, or a bad luck : a badly assembled pump, which would have died after one month on any car.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Indeed the problem is caused by lurication. the dealer told me that the pump was very dry. He put some oil in it and the pump started to work -- but only last a couple of days. The new pump died in about 2 months.

Here's my questions -- if this was caused by badly assembled pump, where should i go to get it fixed? and how much would it cost if i go to Peugeot? And is it worth getting a second hand one from somewhere?

thanks in advance

Guy

Reply to
Guangyue Liu

Hi,

OK. That was a point I was assuming in my reply...

I don't know where you could fix it. If you go to Peugeot, the price could be expensive, but they may know what is wrong, as they're supposed to be informed of some known problems by Peugeot itself.

Worthes a try. Getting to a scrapyard could be a good solution, but you don't know if it will last two months or whatsoever. In the other hand, this could well be the cheapest option.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T