1998 306 GTi6 Radio question

I want to fit a handsfree phone kit to my 1998 306, can anyone tell me if the radio can be auto muted and can the phone audio be routed through it? Also, how do you get the radio out?

TIA

Reply to
Jim

Can only help with removing the radio:

Good luck

Reply to
Flip

It's more down to the handsfree kit you use than the car or head unit. To just mute the radio most kits run a line to ground when the mute needs to be effective ( making call/ ringing etc) .

To mute and have the call over the speakers kits like the Nokia ones have relays that break the normal speaker wires and connect these to the outputs of the car kit during the call.

Can't think of the part numbers but have fitted one.

Reply to
Andy Clements