1998 406 td hard to start

I have a 1998 406td.Very hard to start when cold.Tried usual things ie new glow plugs,new fuel filter,and new in line non return valve in fuel line.Still problem exists.Any help please.

Reply to
mickie

Some idea of how many miles/Km the engine has done would be a help. Assuming fuel is getting into the cylenders at the right time, and the heater plugs are working, ie. the relay supplying them is also OK, then the only other thing is poor compression. Check that the heater plugs are getting power when the dash light is on. They should remain powered for a couple of minutes after the engine has started too I believe. It is not unheard of for the relay to fail.

Reply to
Brian