205 braking problem

Hi all, Can anyone help me as I seem to have an odd problem with my H-reg Peugeot

205 1.6 GTI..

Basically the right front brake seems to come on a little after 11miles..? and it also comes on a little when I turn left..

Now here's what I've had replaced to solve the problem...

Both front calipers... L/R Both front discs....... L/R Both front pads........ L/R Both front hoses...... L/R

Still did it... so then I replaced it with...

Right front caliper.... Both front pads with Mintex..... Goodridge Hoses all around....

Yet it still does it....

I've no idea and nore has my mecanic...?

Reply to
Paulinho

Welcome to the world of Peugeot brakes :)

What do you mean when you say come on a little? Starts squeking? Pulling to one side?

Have you cleaned the hub off before you put the new discs on? I've heard that causing problems in the past, but not exactly what you describe. You could try replacing the master cylinder and/or brake lines (as in the cooper pipes, not the hoses) as thats about the only things you havent changed.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

as an add on from carl has it had a wheel bearing at that side cos if the bearing was pressed in/out and incorrectly supported on the press the hub could end up distorted mainly where the caliper mounts

Reply to
mindwipe

I understand the hub was cleaned before the new discs were fitted... It starts to squeak at 11miles...? to the meter... I leave home and on my travels there's a school I pass, and the moment I pass it.. it starts to squeak !!!! It does pull a little but not as bad as it did before I had the calipers change... now it seems to break in a straight line.... I think I will change the master cylinder...

The guy that did my car claims it must be haunted...

Reply to
Paulinho

Why? From what others have said I would say that it sounds like a heating problem possibly causing the fluid in the caliper to expand putting on the brake. But I could be wrong.

Reply to
Malc

Heating from where...?the disc.... or fluid...?

Reply to
Paulinho