Re: My baby

I wouldn't have bothered.........

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Love the dents in the door.....

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

But I did and thats what this country needs more of!

scott

"if you really hate someone, get them to phone you back because chances are they wont!"

Reply to
scott

damn, for some reason my newsserver won't carry the top post of the thread

Is there a website the pictures are on?

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

Which one?....the Old Merc. or the '66 Mustang?........Have managed in recent years not to buy any more Pugs......sorry.

-- Jim GM4DHJ........

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Woman drivers ! ........well at least the door didn't hit a worthwhile car.......

Jim ......

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Baby ?... the thing is nearly a teenager.....

-- Jim .!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Hello Paulinho,

Which one ? The ugly Merc 190 or the Mustang ?

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

-- Yes but with all its shortcomings my Mustang it is an icon and the most recognizable car in the world remembered and collected long after the last disgusting little 205 self destructs. And my 190 has compensated me in the last four years for all the grief and expense caused by two crap 405's....Some day you may find out what a good car is..but I doubt it.......

-- Jim .!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

As a Pug owner and former owner of a 123 230E Merc and son of a 123 280CE Pillarless Coupe, 123 280SE and 108 280SE I have to say that the 190 was the ugly duckling of the Merc's at that time.

Personal preference though - I like 123 Mercs and Pug 205's - that's just me...

I do have to agree that the Mustang is an icon, but it's not my cup-of-tea - I do like some old Yank-Tanks (Dodge Charger, Dodge Coronet etc) but I wouldn't particularly like to own one.

Ta! Matt

Reply to
Matt

Matt...what a well thought out reply ?....yes the Mustang is a great disappointment when you actually get one after wanting one for many years , very crude but it is easy to work on but has the turning circle of a supertanker.It turns more heads though than a blacked out 106 with blue lights on the hood and boom boom coming from within.. A case of hype and image triumphing over reality.....Yes I would like a 230CE myself but it would have to be a solid colour as the merc metalic paint is rubbish. Yes I admit the 190 was just a badly scaled down 200 ser....sorry but I have had my fill of peugeots..nice soft seats in the 405 though..Thanks for your input Matt.

Jim

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Ah that explains it, you've owned one single decent car yet :)

Lets see. Audi A3 Quattro? hell even an A8 Quattro tank would handle better then a peugeot 205 ... and thats a fact

Then there Lexus, even the LS430 super tank would handle better then a 205. Granted you get very little feedback from the steering, well due to the active yaw control you don't even get the slghtest bit of body roll, no matter how fast you put it into a corner.

I'll name plenty more if you want

Reply to
David McKray

And how many other budget small hatchbacks will remain as icons? The fiesta? The corsa? No, oddly enough i don't think so, they're supposed to be cheap and cheery motoring, not icons of their era.

My 405 is a good car, class leading handling for its time, fizzy engine, and i've never had a single problem except a crack in the radiator caused by an errant stone. Its cheap to run, cheap to maintain, fun to drive, i like the way it looks and it always starts first time, what more could i possibly want?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

A frickin cup holder, I bought one for my 205 the other day, there isnt a single flat surface I can attach it to. But yeah, I love my 205.

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

well in a bid to not hit the kirb she just made sure she wasnt too close. She didnt stop in the middle of the road, she just misjudged the kirb.

scott

Reply to
scott

Well it is still saving me a fortune !....nice to hear from you again!........

-- Jim

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Your good luck to continue !

-- Jim

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Good i'ntit......

-- Jim

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Well a white Challenger is in fact the best looking car ever designed.......good old Kowalskie drugs women and a nice car.......

-- Jim GM4DHJ. .!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Hello Jim,

A fortune compared to what ? You Mustang running costs (even if it has a 6 cyl., it must drink something awful, say 15L/100km) ? My parents 405 needs 7 to 8L/100 (depending on driving style), oil change every 10,000km and tyres between 35,000 and 60,000 (depending if it's front or rear). I wouldn't say it's a fortune. I even won't compare with my 205D.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T