205 XS vs GR

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the difference between the 205 XS and GR 1.4 models? I already own an XS, so mainly looking for whats different on a GR.

Cheers Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

Depends on the age, but assuming they're both TU3 engines the XS will have a twin choke solex (rather than single choke), a different cam meaning it'll produce more power (XS is 85bhp, GR is probably around 70 i guess). The gearbox will be different, with the XS having shorter ratios. Driveshafts may also be different. Possibly the suspension setup is a bit stiffer on the XS. Other mechanical stuff is pretty much the same i reckon. In terms of looks the XS will be much sportier, with driving lights in front splitter, rear splitter, more supportive seats, sportier dash etc etc. The XS may have alloys.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Driveshafts

stiffer on

Cheers for the info. Was hoping they'd have the same engine/drivetrain setup so I could just swap the trim/seats over, as one is going cheap nearby. Looks like I'm looking for another xs then!

Andy

Reply to
stealthf0x

Well it's all quite close. It wouldnt be too much trouble to swap the carb over (4 bolts) which would give the GR a bit more power. Without the close ratio 'box and slightly sportier cam the you wouldnt accelerate quite as quick and the engine wouldnt rev to 7krpm any more, but it depends how much you value those things!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs