205D Fuel Filter

Team,

I need a relacement filter housing/primer for my 205D.

My Lucas/CAV unit is leaking air, but the local replacements have the primer at 45 deg, this then fouls with the brake master cyclinder.

Does anyone know of an online store who supplys the Luca/CAV vertical primers ??

Many thanks

tony M.

Reply to
Tony M

Try pug spares,pugspares.co,uk or frenchspares.com good luck from chris Addlestone Surrey

Reply to
Chris

The actual plunger unit was available from CAV, just remove the old one from the top casting and replace.

Reply to
Brian

I have replaced the filter primer assembly. However from cold or if stopped for more than 5 mins, I have to re-prime the filter.

I suspect an air leak in the tank to primer pipeline which breaks the vacum feed to the filter. Is this a known problem with a (1986) 205D ?

There isn't an auxillary lift pump with this engine, can one be fitted ?

Many thanks

Tony

Reply to
Tony M

I had a similar problem with a lucas filter unit (unscrew plunger type primer), found it coincided with low fuel levels and associated with negative pressure in fuel tank - air sucks in when removing fuel filler cap.

I found that the bleed vent was completely blocked from mud - situated in wheel arch by filler cap. It can be cleaned out but best replaced and tube unblocked too!

I have also had problems with a preheater block on a pug 205D with a bosch fuel filter. This is behind the engine and I had to replace the conections - my Peugeot spares man told what they sold most of!!!

Hope this helps

AMF

Reply to
Weekender

Hi,

Yeah, I had that too on my '93 205... Didn't remove the filler ass'y, tried to remove the blocking mud but it was too far away to be reached. I drilled a hole in the cap and it makes the trick. The only problem is the presence of greasy traces on the cap, due to fuel vapors, not a critical problem I'd say.

Regards, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T