battery amp age on a 1.9 diesel 206 pug

my wife has a t reg 205 1.9 diesel ,,,,,,,can any 1 tell me wat amp age the battery is meant to be ,,,,its got a 55 amp on it now but ive been told that the battery is for a petrol engine and that i should have a

70 - 88 amp battery,,,,,,,, can any 1 help me

thanks rikka

Reply to
rikka01

Most of the peugeot diesels have a 65AH battery fitted as far as I remember. Most battery suppliers will have the correct information.

Reply to
Brian

Hi,

Or even the handbook (although not sure about that).

Cheers, G.T

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

They're right - Diesel engines need bigger batteries, cos the (much) higher compression makes them a lot harder for the starter-motor to turn over. If it's all working fine right now, then I wouldn't worry about it - just be aware that your battery won't last as long as it should.

In future, yuo should always fit the biggest battery that will go into the battery tray - the more powerful it is, the better.

Reply to
Nom