206 Odometer bulb

I know the dreaded odometer bulb query has cropped up already for the

406, but my odometer bulb has blown and Ive got a 2000 206. I now have the replacemetbulb but was warned by the parts man at the dealership that getting access to replace it was a pain. I laughed that off but having sat with the Haynes manual out and fiddling with various bits I see what he means!Can anyone give me a clue as to how best to get access to the back of the instrumetn display on the dashboard. The Haynes manual talks about removing the steering column - that sounds drastic for what I want to do and have never had to do that for other cars in the past. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Greg

Reply to
G_Samuel

Its very easy and u dont need to remove the steering column at all so fark Haynes crap again.

Just remove the cover at the top and the undo the single screw holding the display in. Unplug the two cables and bingo....all bulbs with easy access.

Reply to
Jim

Cheers Jim

Managed to remove the shroud and replace the bulb and put it all back together in less than 15mins - much easier than was explained in the Haynes manual!

Thanks for that!

Greg

Reply to
G_Samuel