306 1.4 ’99 ECU question??

HI

Please help! I have had just about enough of my car. It?s just come out of the garage after having a new heater matrix put in and a new head gasket which has cost me a packet.

Now it is not starting properly, jumpy when idle and stalling at traffic lights, it seems OK after a short while of driving and these problems are irratic. One other problem is it is not reaching high speeds as easily as before the new parts were put in. It has just been checked with a new coil pack, but has made no difference, does this mean it is the ECU?? or can this only be damaged if coil pack has gone??

If it is neither of these please can you tell me what else it may be as I am at my wits end.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Lozza

Reply to
Lozza

"Lozza" wrote: > HI > > Please help! I have had just about enough of my car. It's > just come out of the garage after having a new heater matrix > put in and a new head gasket which has cost me a packet. > > Now it is not starting properly, jumpy when idle and stalling > at traffic lights, it seems OK after a short while of driving > and these problems are irratic. One other problem is it is > not reaching high speeds as easily as before the new parts > were put in. It has just been checked with a new coil pack, > but has made no difference, does this mean it is the ECU?? or > can this only be damaged if coil pack has gone?? > > If it is neither of these please can you tell me what else it > may be as I am at my wits end. > > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! > Lozza

Hi, unlikely to be ECU, recheck the valve timing, (thats been touched during repairs and would dramatically affect power and tick over). Idler control valve not smooth ,clean up and lubricate, this no effect on power. T

Reply to
Tonyh