306 AC

I recently bought a 306 2000 model with AC. One strange thing is that the AC occasionally automatically switches on when i start the car. One thing i noticed is that this mostly happens when the car is parked in the sun and the temp in the car (as indicated by the thermometer on the dash board) is quite high.

Since i do not have the user manual, does it say anything about this ? is it normal for the AC to switch on when the temp is high ?

Reply to
Adrian

Yup. Mine mine does this. I think it's mainly when you have the fan speed set to auto.

Reply to
No-One

Mine does it as well sometimes ...

Reply to
Mark

if the heater is set to blow at the windscreen it will come on OR if cabin temp is high even if fans set to zero. In winter turn AC on and heat high and it will demist really quick.

Reply to
SimonDS