306 battery light

Hi All I moved my 98 306 TD lx about 20 feet the other day , came back to it

10 mins later and it wont start. the battery light is the only light on the dashboard , and stays on even when the keys are out. the side lights work , so does the horn, radio and also the central locking (only from turning the key, not remote) the ignition at any position just keeps the battery light on..... Help needed please thanx in advance Answers on a postcard Etc.
Reply to
Oz

Does the ignition relay click when you try to turn the engine on?

Reply to
remdaeism