STOP light come up on from 306 and dont know why

I got my 306 LX 1.4 about 2 weeks ago now but in the last few days the STOP warning light has randomly flickered on a off and now it flashes twice when i turn the car on although im not driving anywhere as i dont want to do any damage. No other lights flash up at the same time as it so i dont really know what its for. The 306 handbook says the light is mainly to do with the engine and reading few topics on here maybe something to do with the cooling. I only know the basics about cars and have checked the the oil, water, steering levels etc and are all good. Any ideas, Thanx Phill

Reply to
Phill

When my 406 did the same thing I topped up both brake and steering fluid reservoirs and that cured it. Sounds like you have done that though.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Earthing out? maybe a wire is touching some thing,

Reply to
Chrs

Check the earth kead from the battery to the gearbox and from the gearbox to the chassis. Give a good tug at the fixing points to make sure the cable isn't broken or about to break.

Reply to
Nigel

It doesn't have aircon does it? I had a couple of problems with the Bitron sensor wires which weren't making good contact i the plug. A squirt of switch cleaner did the job.

Reply to
malc

Ours turned out to be a dodgy connection in the fan wiring, the fans would also sometimes run on. Fixed at first by cleaning all the contacts I could find, but in the end it came back - garage fitted a new connector pair.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges