306 brake probs

I have a P reg 306 1.4 XL and every time I bring the car to a stop and release the brake pedal it makes the most horrendous cracking sound. Has anyone ever heard of this and know what I can do to fix the problem without paying a mechanic to search for the fault costing me more of my hard earned cash? I also have the obligatory electric windows problem. Any cheap recommendations? Thanks!

Reply to
Jordyboy