306 front door speaker wiring

Hi,

My driver side speaker has stopped working. I've tested another speaker on the connection coming into door and it works. It must be the wiring in the door to the speaker (or the connector). The speaker worked on and off for a little while but now it is all together dead.

How would I go about checking the wiring in the door? I've taken the trim off but this doesnt expose the wires.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
scliassides

When you say coming into the door, where exactly do you mean. One of the most common faults is the connector between the door and the body of the car. Try cleaning it with WD40 and push it in and out a few times to clean the connectors.

Reply to
Brian

In message , Brian joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Sadly it is a well known fact that French car wiring is shoit! Yes do check the connector between the bulkhead and door. However I think you will find that one of the wires has either snapped or is well on its way to snapping. I had the same sort of problem with my 306 drivers side door wiring but it was the electric windows wire. Local auto electrician sorted it out in 15 mins. He pulled back the sheathing to expose the wires (bulkhead side) you need to pull them out a bit which is not easy. He soldered in a new section, slightly longer to allow more play as the bunch of wires are tight to say the least.

Good luck joss

Reply to
jossmer

You obviously have never experienced Italian wiring!

Reply to
Brian

In message , Brian joss stops reading and ponders a while before scribbling this reply

Thankfully no, the French are bad enough though I suspect the Italian wiring would be somewhat corrupt or should that be corrosive!

Reply to
jossmer