Speaker Replacement?

To start, let me just say - yeah, it's probably a stupid question. Figure better I ask it and be sure, than a fool and possibly mess something up needlessly.

Car: '97 Golf Trek. Issue: On of the midrange speakers in the rear driver's side door seems to be dead. I've taken it out with the intent of taking it to a shop and getting a replacement set.

However, it's the connectors (molex) that's confusing me. There are two coming out of the door that fit into the speaker. I'm guessing one's from the stereo, and the other to the little tweeter near the door handle? I called around to a couple of places in town (VW dealership I trust and one of the major car audio install joints) to see if they had adapters, but not a chance.

Question, I guess - would it be simplest to just strip the existing wires of the molex, and splice them to the correct posts on the new speaker, or is there something I'll mess up in the wiring/tweeter/other speakers if I do that?

Reply to
lamerfreak

should be fine

Reply to