406 COUPE Creaky clutch

Hi guys,

The clutch on my 99 coupe has always been crap, i find it heavy and it creaks badly, just put a new cluch cable on it, made no difference, it seems to creak (Loud enough for passers by to look at traffic lights) round the pivot arm that the clutch cable pulls under the bonnet, Peugeot told me about 2 years ago that there is a dry bush or something. The clutch works fine its just crap to drive, seems to be worse when the engines hot, ive had a quote of =A3400 to replace the clutch (even though the guy advised me it functioned fine), but not sure if this will solve my creaking jerky, clutch problem, any ideas anyone ?

Reply to
finklecbr

Yes. Renew the bushes where the drop arm for the release bearing goes through the gearbox, and lubricate everything, You will have to remove the box though. check the clutch anyway and if it is more than half worn, renew that too.

Reply to
nigel