306 HDI High pressure pump (was intermittent non-starter)

man arrived 2 hours later, when it started first turn of the key...

He reckons it is the high pressure fuel pump on its way out.

  1. How much is this likely to cost to repair?
  2. Have they modified them, because I understand the early ones all gave trouble. If so from when? (Cos if the price is too scary I might consider P/X for a y reg 306 HDI)

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Jennings