306 Heater Fan noisy - advice please !

Hi Folks, I've got a Peugeot 306 Meridian, so it's one of the late style 306s (also, with air con). My heater fan works but has just developed an annoying noise - sounds like something is rubbing against it or a bearing has died. Can anyone advise roughly how to to get to the fan assembly ? Is it a complete dashboard-apart jobbie that's going to cost hundreds of pounds for a dealer to get to ?

Another question - I need to replace one of the two radiator fans. How difficult is that to access ? I've got as far as checking the fan relays once before so I know how to get that far by taking trim off the front.

Many thanks,

- Steve

Reply to
Steve Birch

uncle

Have not done the job myself, but you can get to the heater blower from inder the glove compartment. The trim is just clipped in place. To get more access, also remove the glove compartment. The fan is held in with 3 screws. Chances are that a drop of oil on the bearings will give the fan a new lease of life.

Reply to
Brian

Hey, great, thanks for the advice Brian. I did have a sneaky peek at the glove compartment - it kinda feels like the opening "drawer" should be easily removable, but curiously even a moderate amount of force didn't remove it. I'll have a look underneath as you suggest.

Regards,

- Steve

Reply to
Steve Birch