306 Key Fob and Lights On Alert Not Working

I?ve got a Peugeot 306 Meridian V reg. I?ve had the car about 4 months and everything has been working fine until recently when I had a bit of shunt from behind. Only a small incident and didn?t do much damage, slight damage to bumper and a kink in the exhaust. About a week after the incident my key stopped working. I mean that it didn?t open the doors remotely. I?ve assumed that it could only be the battery in the key dying, but I haven?t had the chance to change it and see. Only today I?ve discovered something else. In the past when I left the lights on, took the key out of the ignition and opened the door, the car would give a loud alert warning sign to signify that the lights were on. Today I noticed that it doesn?t do that anymore.

I don?t know what the problem could be and if they are related or not. I kind of assumed that they may be.

Reply to
vediahasan

First thing is to check the batteries in the fob, either with a multimeter, they should read close to 3v each, or change them for new ones. Do the interior lights come on when you open the door? Most likely thing there is the switch in the door.

Reply to
Brian