ANOYING RATTLE

when i first start my 406 up in the morning its a petrol 1.8lx on a y plate 2001 the fisrt thing that happens is that i get a rattle from the engine i have had a quick look and dont seem to be able to trace where the noise is coming from it seems like some where from the front of the car but i can not seem to locate the noise any ideas please !!!!

thanks

Reply to
thegman

It is probly the oil trying to makes its way up to the camshaft, it will rattle for a while untill the oil gets up there,also when was the oil changed? and was it the wright grade?

Reply to
Chris

Could be the plastic cover thing on the top of the block held on with plastic crappy screws. Mine resonantes at certain speeds.

Reply to
Juper Wort

Not fitted on the 1.8 petrol engine.

Reply to
Nigel

Correction and apologies. I thought you meant that crappy HDI cover, but I guess you mean the coil pack and spark plug cover, and yes they vibrate too!!

Reply to
Nigel

Because of vibration noise my 406 HDI (the hybrid you remember) is now running sans cover.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks