306 Questions

Hi i have a 1994 306 and have a few niggling problems i want to fix over easter.

Firstly it has been leaking and i think it is due to ariel but as it leaked through the service light and alarm sensor area it seems to have damaged the alarm senser. I want to know if i can get the sesor curcuit from another 306 and just swap it, if i did that will it recognise my key or do the key and reciever have to be like specialy made for each other.

Next is i recently replaced the bar that the windowscreen wiper motor moves to turn the 2 blades but when i use the window screen piper the blades go down about 6 inches then up, this meens iv had to attach them a lot higher than i would normally so it doesnt hit bonnet .

next is i think my gear box is on way out as pops out of 5th gear and sounds dodgy, i also know clutch release bearing is on way out as can tell from sound. what is it gonna cost for parts n labour? is it easy job?

thanks guys

Reply to
bossman187uk
1) If I remember corrctly the sensor in the roof only transmiits a signal to the ECU for it to decode, so should be fine staright away. if nit then you'll need to re-programme the keyfob which can be a 40 second job on the Infra red ones.

2) Your park position isn't alligned witht the lowest point of the wiper circuit. strip out what you did, get the wipers to the lowest point and the motor to park itself then put it back together again.

Reply to
Andy C