306 relay noise?

Hi, just lately I have been aware of an occasional light drumming noise, only in short bursts, coming from somewhere near my right knee. It seems to happen around the time I use or have used my indicators, or sometimes when I am turning the steering wheel slightly. The indicators seem to be functioning fine at present, but its difficult to know whilst actually driving. Does anyone have any idea what it might be, my thought is that is is dodgy relay, but which one would throw this up. Thanks for any help Hotfoot.

Reply to
outofthewoods

have the same problem with mine but havent yet traced the fault. will keep you informed if i track it down

Reply to
slimback

I had a similar problem with my 306. I have had the problem twice now, lasted intermittently for about a week at a time. Research on this newsgroup showed that it is down to metal filings/"dust" inside the indicator stalk somehwere. You will probably find that if you push your stalk in, not up/down, back/forward, but in towards the wheel itself and hold it, that the clicking will stop... and then come back again!

Didnt bother resolving the issue as it went away.

slimback wrote:

Reply to
Karl_W_UK