406 1.9td mot emissions faliure

My 406 1.9td 97 P failed the MOT on emissions the reading came out at an average of 3.60 the limit being 3. Prior to the MOT i put some diesel treatment into the diesel tank and changed the air filter and thrashed it for about a week before the Mot was due but it still failed the emissions??. I ve tried some more injector cleaner since and gave it a good thrashing, had it re tested but no change. The car is regularly serviced and has covered 130,000 miles. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be!!!!!!! Thanks Graham

Reply to
Graham1974

Change the oil and filter. Couple of gallons only of decent fuel in the tank, plus another flask of anti smoke jollop. Make an appointment for MoT (somewhere else) and half an hour before taking it in, head up and down the nearest motorway at three to four thousand revs. Into the centre with the engine ottasell and straight onto the emissions test. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

i have a peugeot 406 deiselthe speedometer keeps stoping any ideas

Reply to
loizos

"loizos" wrote: > i have a peugeot 406 deiselthe speedometer keeps stoping any > ideas

Hi

Your speedometer cable could be loose in the back of the speedometer. I would check both ends of the cable to make sure they are connected properly. Or to eliminate the cable you could have it changed. Failing that it could be the speedometer head which could be at fault.

Graham

Reply to
Graham1974