406 aircon query

car is 1996 406 2.0ltr petrol turbo executive manual

recently purchased this car and have noticed a small pool of water under neath the car shortly after parking it up, is this related to the aircon or is leakage from the cat, have heard deal this happens with aircon cars any help much appreciated

Reply to
Stuart Bryce

The message from "Stuart Bryce" contains these words:

Cats don't leak water (though the do produce some it's at such a high temperature it comes out of the exhaust as steam.

What you're seeing is condensation from the cold bit of the aircon. Just like your fridge (you do have a fridge, don't you!) it gets frosted up, and just like your fridge when you switch it of the ice melts. Unlike your fridge it doesn't hide it round the back and evvaporate it in a plastic hat on top of the motor but lets it dribble out onto the floor where it scares the heck out of people who've not noticed it before.

Reply to
Guy King

[snip]

ROFL!

Reply to
DervMan

Yes, it's quite normal, for reasons better explained by Guy! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Had this once in Kak Fit (just happened to actually be the cheapest for a tyre replacement). Car up on ramp and young monkey comes running up to me, "Sir ! Sir ! Your car's got a serious leak - look at all the fluid on the floor !".

Me casually walks over, dips finger in pool and licks it.

"Yum. Lovely H20" said I and educated young monkey.

Reply to
Neil Barker

You have extreme faith in the cleanliness of Twit Fit floors I see

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Oh, I assure you that it was more for effect rather than taste....

Reply to
Neil Barker

My brother, a performer of many talents, can juggle fire clubs. As part of his spiel he'd dunk a finger in the paraffin, taste it and, screwing up his face, announce, "Yes, that's paraffin alright."

If you watched carefully though you'd see that he dunks his index finger and tries his middle finger. Quickness of the hand and all that. I'm sure this could be used equally well with almost any car fluid and a Quick-Fat monkey. :-)

Reply to
Scott M