406 indicator cancellation problem

Has anyone else found that the self cancelling on 02 406's is awful? It is impossible to keep indicating as you approach junctions unless the road is totally straight, as even the lightest adjustment on the steering cancels them, and it is a hell of a job forcing them back on against the cancelling system. Trouble is they are so quiet and hard to see on the dash that its not easy to realise they have knocked off, especially as you are busy navigating a junction or roundabout etc.

What about actually snapping of the tabs that cancel them, does anyone think it a good idea?

thanks Phil.

Reply to
Philip Western

Philip Western ha scritto:

It's awful on almost every Peugeot I had it replaced on my 04 406 approx 6months ago...

I'd suggest getting a new one, but I think it won't be cheap bye!

Reply to
NiCkO

How odd - it works perfectly on my '01 406. I've never accidently cancelled the indicators.

I guess the multiplex 406s (like yours) must use a different switch mechanism.

Reply to
Nom

"" wrote: > Philip Western wrote: > > Has anyone else found that the self cancelling on 02 406's > is awful? > > It is impossible to keep indicating as you approach > junctions unless > > the road is totally straight, as even the lightest > adjustment on the > > steering cancels them, and it is a hell of a job forcing > them back on > > against the cancelling system. Trouble is they are so quiet > and hard > > to see on the dash that its not easy to realise they have > knocked > > off, especially as you are busy navigating a junction or > roundabout > > etc. > > How odd - it works perfectly on my '01 406. I've never > accidently cancelled > the indicators. > > I guess the multiplex 406s (like yours) must use a different > switch > mechanism.

Yes the non-multiplexed ones never fail. The later ones have been a constant source of trouble for high mileage users, 6 replacements under warranty is not unknown. My own car needed 3 replacements, but the main problem was the switches falling apart with the indicators turning themselves on at random. The modified switch is a great improvement, the last one I replaced was about £150 I think. Get the part No and order it from Citroen its a lot cheaper. T.

Reply to
Tonyh

Hi,

The early versions of the MUX'ed 206,307,406,607,807 had a problem med the COM2000 unit, it was replaced for free under the warrenty periode.

TIH

T> > > Has anyone else found that the self cancelling on 02 406's

Reply to
Tih H via CarKB.com