406 HDI 2.I IRRATIC SPEEDO

The speedo is jumping about some of the time then it will work properly for awhile,then again it will start again.Ive been told thet the sender unit on the gearbox is fine ,,.can anybody come up with any suggestions to help me thanks

Reply to
moron

The sender would have been my suggestion. Try waggling cables and plugs.

Reply to
malc

ive been told it could be cracked soldering on the back of the speedo or a fault with the little black box behind the glove box,which sends the speedo info to the ecu,i dond know about this at all if anybody can clarify ,or disagree i would be helpfull

Reply to
moron